From the time I get home from work until I go to bed and on the weekends, Christmas movies are all I have on TV these days!! Nothing quite like a good ol’ Christmas movie to get you into the Holiday spirit or while sitting next to the fireplace, curled up in a big blanket with a cup of hot chocolate, ahhhhhhhh is it the weekend yet? If you haven’t started watching Christmas movies yet, better get to it, only 20 days left until Santa comes. I’ve listed my top 10 favorite Holiday movies below in case you guys need ideas:
7. Home Alone 1 & 2: Christmas is not really the same without at least one viewing of the classic “Home Alone,” right?
6. Elf: For those in need of a good chuckle, “Elf” is the one to grab. Follow the journey of Buddy the Elf as he discovers he’s not a real elf and goes looking for his family in New York City.
5. National Lampoon Christmas Vacation: It’s funny ! It’s your typical American family that is attempting to keep it all together against all odds… in laws, broken lights, and trees that don’t quite fit in the house. This one will keep you laughing from start to finish.
4. The Polar Express: Following the magical adventure of a young boy to the North Pole on the Polar Express, it is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit!
3. Love Actually: This is another crowd-pleaser. A brilliant romantic comedy that follows 10 characters through the ups and downs of the holiday season.
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: There’s something seriously so relatable to Jim Carey’s green character The Grinch. Plus everything about this movie is just so festive. Bonus points for Cindy Lou Who, that little cutie seriously loveable.
1. The Holiday: My personal favorite, this romantic comedy will leave you wishing for a Christmas in the Cotswold’s in the hopes of finding Jude Law.
What are your favourite Holiday movies?